Monday, May 16, 2011

Tuesday October 12
Today was a good Tuesday. We went and saw a wonderful old guy that we really like. He's really funny too! I love going to see him. We also taught two families, so it was a really good day. The struggles are many and patience is tested and retested but I'm hanging in. I'm headed to bed. Anyone who is reading this good night and sweet dreams.

Wednesday October 13
District Meetings.
On the way to meetings we saw an ariel atom (car)! It was so cool! Seeing one in real life makes me want one!

Thursday October 14
All our appointments cancelled and no one was home. It makes for a long day.

Friday October 15
Exchanges!
I was on exchanges with Elder Hunter. He is an awesome elder. We taught one lesson.

Saturday October 16
Service all day! I really like service. It gives me a chance to reset. So, we put in a fence and shoveled bark and then we fixed a winch.
I love you all and I thank you for your prayers.

Sunday October 17
Stake Conference. It was great! I really enjoyed all the talks. We ate taco salad at a members home.

Monday October 18
P-day. So today we shopped for two weeks of food. Next week we are taking our cultural day to see the sites of Seattle. Our new mission president is going to be stopping these cultural days so we need to go if we are going to do it.

We had two lessons today. One was a member dinner and the other was with another member family.

I got Lauren's picture! WOW! She looks great! Hope all is well at home.

Tuesday October 19
Well, today was an interesting day. We tracted from 10-2 and then at about 2:30 we went on exchanges. I went with Elder Smith in his area. With Elder Smith we taught two lessons. The first one was with two new investigators. We were able to set up the return appointment but the Spirit must have helped set that one up because it wasn't because of our message.

The cool part of the exchange is that the elders in this area live with the CEO of T-Mobile so I sleep in their home tonight. Cool beans! :-)

Wednesday October 20
Well today was fun:-) I'm back in my area. We carved pumpkins with the Conrad family. We had a dinner appointment that forgot about us but they were kind enough to still feed us tuna fish sandwiches and then our night got crazy!

So, we get a call from the church saying someone needs a blessing. So we go to the church. After searching out who needs the blessings we find ourselves in an empty building with someone who is clearly crazy. After two hours of conversation with him and silent prayers on what to do we end up giving him a short blessing.

I know prayers are answered. I'm thankful we are safe. Good night everyone. CRAZY!

Thursday October 21
Companion is sick today. Home today studying.

Friday October 22
Zone Conference

Elder Ringwood came from the Quorum of the Seventy. I thought we were going to get yelled at but we didn't. I got to become part of the lesson though. Intense!

He was asking us about what makes a good missionary. I said that a good missionary is himself and is genuine and real. I thought I said something wrong because he just stared at me. He then asked if I was true to myself. I thought I was in trouble but I said yes. He stared at me longer and asked me if there was a problem with other missionaries. Now I really thought I had done it, but I said yes. He stared at me again! and then said I agree! and then went off for thirty minutes on how we need to be true to ourselves and how there is no missionary mold. He told us not to be robots or to do fake blinks (he gave an example). He then asked my first name. I told him. He continued to teach how the Lord didn't call ELDER Woodruff to Seattle but he called Elder STERLING Woodruff on a mission to Seattle. It was really cool.

Well, that's the highlight of my day. Good night!

Saturday and Sunday October 23-24

Been super tired. I fell asleep during sacrament and gospel doctrine class. We've taught two lessons. Extremely tired!

Monday October 25
Cultural Day in Seattle

We went with Brother Wargo. It was a fun day! We saw a lot of the city. We did Pikes Place and stuff.

Tuesday October 26
Haircuts! I finally got my haircut today. It was getting a little long but I'm looking good again!
One lesson with the Howard Family. After that it was difficult to find anyone who would let us in.

Wednesday October 27
One lesson today.